Whether you are interested in soaring over the world’s tallest building or perhaps, exploring the ancient culture of the Mayans or just wanting to learn more about the architecture of the building, the Perot Museum is a must on everyone’s summer to-do list. The Perot celebrates diversity by ensuring there is always something for everyone; whether it be the new architecture tour that will be available this summer to the summer science camps, to date nights at their Social Sciences series that occur five times a year.
Dream Big 3D, narrated by Jeff Bridges, allows the audience to celebrate the ingenuity and magic that can come from the world of engineering, big or small. Children and adults will leave looking at the world a little differently, and hopefully, wanting to explore ways in which they too can make a difference.
For those that want to learn more about an ancient type of ingenuity, the spectacular Maya: Hidden Worlds Revealed exhibit, is currently in Dallas until September 4. The exhibit is offered in both English and Spanish and there is SO much to see and take in. It’s amazing to see how advanced this group of people were; from their understanding of architecture to practicing dentistry. Make sure to give yourself time to take it all in.
There’s no denying the Perot is an amazing building that leaves many curious about it’s unique shape and lay-out. Now available is the Perot Museum Architecture Tour, where you will learn tidbits like 20 percent of the museum is made up of recycled material! Tours will run on weekends only and tickets ($5 each) must be purchased in advance.
The Perot has really transformed the museum-going experience for Dallas, focusing on exhibits that allow the public, of any age, understand science (or really anything STEM-related) is all within their reach.
Special Summer Programming:
- Complimentary general admission for active duty military, veterans, law enforcement officers, firefighters and EMTs
- Complimentary general admission for educators in Texas and surrounding states
- $1 tickets for families enrolled in qualified state and/or federal assistance programs
Other special programming includes:
- Discovery Days: 2nd Saturday of the month for a family fun-filled day
- First Thursday Late Night: extended hours, from 7-9pm, during their adult-only Social Sciences events. Great date night or unique outing for a group of friends that focuses on experiments, exhibits focused on a selected topic (June 23 – Patterns, August 4 – Conundrum).
For more information regarding the special programming or membership, visit their website.
I’d like to thank the Perot Museum for inviting me to be a part of their Family Media Day!