The most family-friendly, spooky place for little ghouls and goblins this month is at the Dallas Zoo, where the gates will creak open after-hours for Halloween Nights, presented by Texas Instruments.
Dress your children in Halloween costumes, trick-or-treat in the wildest setting in Dallas and catch special events and activities throughout the Zoo!
- Collect candy at 13 themed treat stations throughout ZooNorth
- Catch a “SOARing the 7 Seas” pirate-themed animal show at the Wonders of the Wild Amphitheater presented by Kimberly-Clark at 6 and 7 p.m.
- Play in bounce houses and an interactive bubble experience on Cat Green
- Enjoy mystery, activities, games, frequent animal encounters and more in the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo
- Disguise yourself as a colorful creature or super hero with complimentary face painting
- Connect with nature by making “ghost eyes” to plant in your yard – mold clay balls filled with soil and seeds that will grow into native wildflowers
- Find creepy-crawly critters like serpents, newts, and toads in the Reptile Building
- Watch a musical super hero show every half hour, and take photos with super heroes strolling around Cat Green
- Race in the inflatable cannonball derby, collect candy from a wrecked ship and strike a pose on a throne photo opp on Pirate Cove
- Experience an interactive magic show every half hour
- Navigate your way through a maze sponsored by Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
- “Catch” Pikazoo roaming ZooNorth for a special treat, and find dozens of Pokémon with lures activated nightly
- Take a backwards spin on the Haunted Carousel ($2 per ride)
- Ride the mini-train around Pirate Cove ($2 per ride)
- Feed lorikeets ($1 to feed)
- The Prime Meridian restaurant will be open, plus food and drink carts will be available throughout ZooNorth
The Zoo closes at 4 p.m. and reopens at 5 p.m. Admission is $10 per person for ages 3 and older and includes six candy coupons per guest for each paid admission. Tickets are available to purchase at the gate, or buy them online in advance. Ages 2 and under are free, and Dallas Zoo members receive a discount of $2 per ticket. Additional candy coupons are available for $5 for another six coupons. Parking is $5 per vehicle (including members), or take the DART Red Line to the Zoo’s door.